Our Mission, Vision, & Values
As Maryland’s third-largest independent university, Stevenson serves more than 4,000 students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and adult degrees both in the classroom and online. Founded in 1947 as Villa Julie College, the University is committed to providing career-focused education and to offering programs than ensure our students’ success in an increasingly dynamic job market. Stevenson has two distinctive campuses: the University’s original campus, the 60-acre wooded Greenspring Campus in Stevenson, Md., and the ever-evolving Owings Mills Campus in Owings Mills, Md.
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies is located on the Owings Mills campus, also offers 13 residence halls, a student community center, the Brown School of Business and Leadership that houses a sophisticated mock trial courtroom, and the Office of Career Services. The Owings Mills campus also includes a contemporary dining complex, student center, and the Caves Sports and Wellness Center, which features a 60,000-square-foot gymnasium and is adjacent to the University’s new 3,500-seat stadium where all field sports are played.
Currently, the School of Graduate and Professional Studies teaches more than 1,000 students in online, onsite, and hybrid learning formats throughout the United States and overseas.
The University is an innovative, coeducational, independent institution offering undergraduate and graduate students a career-focused education marked by individualized attention, civility, and respect for difference. The University blends the liberal arts with career exploration and planning, complementing a traditional education with applied learning beyond the classroom. The University meets students where they are and supports and challenges them to become reflective and accomplished individuals committed to a lifetime of learning and contribution. Students graduate with the competence and confidence needed to address creatively the opportunities and problems facing their communities, the nation, and the world.
The University will become a national leader in collaborative career-focused liberal arts education and will equip its graduates to visualize and achieve excellence in a dynamic global community.
The core values of the University provide a foundation for faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the mission and achieve the vision of the institution. The values are focused on community, learning, integrity, and excellence.
- Promoting a sense of community, the University embraces the common bonds and obligations within and beyond the campus while respecting individual and cultural differences.
- Fostering learning, the University promotes the pursuit of theoretical and practical knowledge while encouraging a life well-lived – a lifelong philosophy of informed, critical thinking to meet evolving challenges and opportunities.
- Instilling integrity, the University requires acting with dignity and honesty while adhering consistently to the University’s ethical codes.
- Achieving excellence, the university lauds superior performance while recognizing the importance of persistence toward goals.
Below you will find numerous links from our traditional, undergraduate admissions website to provide individuals with more information about Stevenson University’s heritage and position in higher education.
- Stevenson University’s History
- Directions to our Campuses
- Stevenson University’s President, Kevin J. Manning, Ph.D.
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies strives to provide an education that meets and surpasses the expectations of the working adult. Please let us know if you would like more information by calling our admissions team at 1-877-531-7118 or email us at email@example.com. You may also request more information on a specific program by clicking the Request Information link to the right.